Steps to Proceed as a Cohousing Provisional Associate (PA)
1. Pay the initial $150 non-refundable PA fee to The Perry Group LLC. This will become part of your capital contribution if you proceed with membership.
2. The date of your $150 payment, or if mailed, the postmark date is your PA seniority date. As a Provisional Associate you will have access to our legal and financial documents. Haystack Heights has one Community Wait List for housing which includes Members and PAs. The place in line of all households on that list is based on the date each was added to the list. Members do not have seniority over PAs unless they were added to the list earlier. If a home becomes available and you apply for membership, you may do so after you have completed the requirements noted below.
3. As a Provisional Associate, you will be contacted by someone from the Membership or Process Team to schedule an orientation. A digital copy of the Orientation Manual will have been sent to you prior to the orientation meeting. We ask you to carefully review it and to come to the meeting with specific questions. Someone from the Membership Team will pair you with a contact person from the community. This person will answer questions, and serve as a cohousing resource.
5. You are encouraged to review our legal and financial documents, which will be shared with you upon request. You will sign most of these documents if you become a Member of the community.
6. As a PA, you are encouraged to attend our LLC business meetings on the second Friday of each month in person or by Zoom. You will be a non-voting observer at these meetings.
Steps to Join Our Cohousing Community as an LLC Member
1. While waiting for a home to become available, as a PA you are required to have completed the following steps: a. Gone on a site tour; b. Attended an orientation; c. Have read our LLC Operating Agreement, Financing Disclosure, Subscription Agreement, Promissory Note, and Member Application. d. Attended our LLC meetings in person or by Zoom, and have made efforts to get to know the community.
2. You will need to take the following initial financial steps: a. Write a check for $350 to “The Perry Group LLC.” This check, plus your previous payment of $150, will total $500, which is your capital contribution to the LLC for operating expenses. These checks are NOT refundable, and they are NOT part of your down payment. b. You will also need to write a separate check for $2,000 to “The Perry Group LLC.” This check is the first unsecured loan to the LLC and will count as part of your down payment.
3. Someone within the community will contact you to review the Member Application, the Subscription Agreement, and the Promissory Note with you either in person, by Zoom or over the phone, and provide you with instruction on document completion. Thereafter your application for membership will be forwarded to Members for consideration at the next LLC meeting.